Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bullards Bar Reservoir

Decided it was time for a relaxing afternoon at the lake last Saturday, so we took a trip to Bullards Bar Reservoir. It's a beautiful lake with emerald green waters and amazing scenery. The lake exists because of a very large concrete dam, in fact I think it's one of the largest in the United States. One of the other reasons this lake is great is that they limit the number of boats, so it's never too crowded.


I also found out that Max, a 5 year old Golden Retriever loves to sun bath on water hammocks. As soon as he saw it floating in the water, he swam over and seemed to instinctively know what to do. Needless to say, he hogged it all afternoon.


One of the other reasons I enjoy visiting Bullards Bar is that there are lots of opportunities for some great macro photography. There are many different species of insects that inhabit the lake so my camera is always with me. I saw quite a lot of Dragonflies but it was a Bee that caught my eye most on this visit. It had the most amazing green eyes and was a species I had not seen before. After a little research on Bug Guide I believe it's a Sweat Bee.
I'm sure I'll be visiting Bullards Bar often this summer so look out for more information from future visits.

No comments: